Hello World.

Get your dose of fresh beats and melodies. I know your libraries are already bumpin, this is just some icing on the cake. Hot out the oven and ready to serve...get some sound people.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hot Out the Oven: Intuition


 
I posted this guy's remix of Grizzly Bear's "Two Weeks" a little while ago and now here is a full mixtape of his ingenious work.
                          
"I took a collection of 11 songs that I love (no rap music), songs that I think fans of any type of music would love, and I added a verse to each. I didn’t chop the songs up and flip the samples for brownie points. I didn’t try to make something new out of these songs. I just tried to leave the original songs alone as much as I could, and added one verse over each song to make it seem as if I was invited into the studio with the band to collaborate. All of these collaborations are, of course, unauthorized, but I tried to make each verse as relevant to the songs’ original lyrics as I possibly could."

The samples are dope-jazz based, soulful instrumentals and hooks. Worth the listen...shit is fire. Spin the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment