Hello World.

Get your dose of fresh beats and melodies. I know your libraries are already bumpin, this is just some icing on the cake. Hot out the oven and ready to serve...get some sound people.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some Mash-Up Magic...DJ Jewboy-"Overnight Celebrity Love"

This, along with the Lil Wayne/The Office mash-up, is one of the best I've heard. Night at the Roxbury's "What is Love" and Twista's "Overnight Celebrity." Props to DJ Jewboy for the mash-up and goodmusicallday.com who stays on top of their mash-up game.

The Baker's Dozen has definitely opened my perspective on all kinds of music and artists I normally wouldn't even bother listening to. A couple weeks ago, I would've given you a million reason why I HATE mash-ups. Recent events have flipped my outlook. For one, I got a Djay app on my Macbook and hav been messing around a bit and...its way too fun. I actually recorded a few mixes myself and they aren't too bad. Secondly, I've been hearing some simple mash-ups, like this one, that sound pretty damn good and don't ruin the original song for me. Spin the Track.

No comments:

Post a Comment